Monday, January 17, 2011

My Love Confession

I have a confession ... a love of ... well, read on ... Tonight, Jared and I ran out to grab something for dinner. I requested Taco Bell because of their fresco menu. I track my calories, and it fit perfectly within my diet budget today. Anyway, Jared requested Wendy's. Less than half a second from pulling away from the window with his food I caught a whiff of the most scrumptious, delicious yumminess - french fries. And, of course, I said, "may have just 1 french fry please"? And, yes, just as I expected ... HEAVEN! It was all I could do not to grab his whole bag, rip it open and devour the stupid potatoes! I know that sounds dramatic, but I really do love french fries that much.

FYI ... I'm not the kind of girl that craves chocolate or sweet stuff. I'm a salty kind of girl. Valentine's Day? I don't want a heart-shaped box with truffles stuffed with coconut. That real doesn't do anything for me at all.

So, the question is why do I love these shoe string shaped treats so much? It's the one thing (well, that and Mexican food) that will make my mouth water even if I'm not hungry! Is it the actual potato? The grease? The salt? What is it? I love my husband more than life itself, but these dang french fries are ranking right up there. Someone help me explain why I have such a love for deep fried potatoes. I'm learning to resist, but I'm not going out without a fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment