Saturday, September 1, 2012

Yummy Chicken Noodle Soup

So, for some reason, I woke up today with the desire to cook. I don't know if it's because our world has been so crazy lately, and I just wanted some comfort food or what. But, either way, I'm glad I did! I made chicken noodle soup for dinner, and it was delicious! Here's the recipe ...



Ingredients:
4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 bag frozen broccoli spears
1/2 bag frozen cauliflower spears
1/2 bag frozen corn
1/2 bag frozen carrots
1/2 bag egg noodles
5 cups chicken broth
1 can cream of celery soup
salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley to taste

Directions:
Combine chicken, broth and seasonings in crock pot on low heat for 4 hours. Add veggies and continue cooking for 2 more hours. Turn the heat up to high, add noodles and cook for an additional hour.

Serve with corn muffins.

So easy. So delicious. And the husband actually ate it even though it had all those veggies in it! Ha! That's a score for this girl!

P.s. I put the rest of all the veggies in one big ziploc bag and froze them for the next time I decide to this make this soup.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious. I wonder if you could freeze the left over soup...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer - I froze our leftovers, so I'll let you know how it heats up!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete