Friday, July 20, 2012

Treatment update - I goofed!

Ok. I told y'all my treatment is confusing. Apparently, so much so that I got my schedule wrong. Here's the update:
Monday - blood work, CT, tracer dose of radioactive iodine
Tuesday - full body scan to see the results of the tracer dose (The dr keeps saying the scan will show where the cancer has spread. I keep saying IF it has spread.) After we get the results, I will take the big mama dose of radioactive iodine.
Thursday - another full body scan to see where the iodine went (Remember, it will soak into any remaining thyroid cancer cells, so if it's spread, we'll know exactly where, and the iodine will kill it.)
My 14 days away from Cooper will begin on Monday. It's definitely starting to sink in, and I could seriously use some prayer. I know he's in excellent hands. After all, the hands that raised me, raised the heart of the one taking care of my sweet baby. And let me tell you what a heart my sister has! I am beyond blessed and thankful to have her! Cooper will be happy and will have a blast with Aunt Kelly, Uncle Jay, Madi and Mal. But his mama is certainly going to miss him. Handing him over on Sunday night may very well rank in the top 2 of the hardest things I've ever done in my life.
Love Rian - Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment