Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Spanx ... NO THANKS!

Yes, you read that right ... I said Spanx. I've been curious about them for a while, and I finally gave in and bought a pair the other day. I figured it wouldn't disguise the 10 (or 15) pounds I'd like to lose, but I hoped it would smooth me out and make my clothes look a little better on me.

So, I got them in the mail the other night and wore them to work the very next day. I was so excited! After I got ready for work, I did my runway walk for Jared complete with turns so he could see me at all angles. He smiled, told me I was crazy and we both went on about our merry way.

By lunch time, I was ready to cut them off me. I went home, and seriously, I thought I was going to have to use scissors to get them off. I called my sister and she, of course, chuckled and asked me why in the world I ordered them in the first place. That night, I told Jared what had happened. Come to find out, he thought I looked better in my clothes without those devil tights anyway. Apparently, they were so tight they shoved all the skin on my back up and over the top of them. I wish he had told me that during my runway walk BEFORE I left for work.

So, in case you were planning on investing (they aren't cheap) in a pair, I'd think twice about it. Feel free to laugh at my embarrassment. Trust me, I did.

2 comments:

  1. I had a similiar moment with mine this summer at the beach.... I never wore them again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I think they just create more rolls.

    ReplyDelete