Monday, November 22, 2010

We had a sleepover!

It was a busy weekend, and we had a blast with our friends Lisa and Patrick! They were our first overnight guests since we moved here. We wanted to make sure to show them a really fun time ... and we had show them around the beautiful bluegrass state!

Here's a breakdown of our weekend ...

Our friends arrived on Friday around 5:30, and I literally skipped out to meet them at their car. By the time I got there, Lisa was laughing so hard at me ... this is nothing unusual ... But, I was so excited to see her! We got them all settled in, and then we went to eat at Atomic Cafe in downtown Lexington.


Mallory and 2 of her friends, Rhyan and Robin, came out to eat with us too. I'm sure they thought we were crazy, but in 10 years, they'll be just like us!
Lisa and I ended up staying up until after 2:00 a.m. talking, laughing, crying ... we had 3 months of catching up to do! Needless to say, the boys turned in early. They knew they didn't have a chance in keeping up with our conversation! It was a GREAT night!

Saturday began the tour of Lexington ...

Tour of Woodford Reserve Distillery
I couldn't believe how many barrels they had stacked up!
Same product, different labels.
Pouring from the container ... this stuff smelled soooo strong!
Checking out our sample of Woodford Reserve at the end of our tour.

Keeneland 

 
Why do boys always look so awkward when getting their picture made together?

Learning how to bet ... getting ready for their April visit 




The random castle

And then we shopped until we dropped!

My backseat was packed full of bags from Pier One, Garden Ridge and Kirklands!

Patrick's only request was to see Rupp Arena and actual blue grass. Since the cats weren't playing at home, he didn't get to see a game, but we did drive by the arena :) AND he bought some "official" Kentucky basketball shorts! I never could find any actual blue grass, but I promised him that it really does exist ... it really does! By Sunday, we were all absolutely exhausted ... and stuffed! We ate so much yummy food it was ridiculous! We had a really great time with Lisa and Patrick, and we can't for them to come back and see us VERY soon! Did I mention how excited I was to see my best friend?






No comments:

Post a Comment