Sunday, November 21, 2010

New address. New jobs. Same happy couple.

It's official. We are now officially residents of the Bluegrass state! Around the beginning of 2010, Jared started hinting around about the idea of moving. In my head, I'm thinking yeah right. I've moved quite a few times (from Middlesboro, KY to Gadsden, AL to Huntsville, AL to Pineville, KY to Middlesboro, KY to Richmond, KY to Middlesboro, KY to Lexington, KY to Knoxville, TN to Collinsville, AL to Albertville, AL and now back to Lexington, KY). Okay, maybe that's more than quite a few. But, Jared has only lived in Collinsville, AL (where he grew up) and Auburn, AL (where he went to college). When we got married, we moved from Collinsville to Albertville. It was all of 30 minutes away. So, needless to say, I was more than surprised when he started sending me links to jobs and houses in Lexington. After about six months of this, I finally gave in to his not-so-subtle hints and started looking myself. Fast forward a few months, and here we are. I moved at the end of August and started my new job with Meyer Natural Foods on August 30. Jared followed in October and started his new job with Nestle USA on November 1. We've still got our house on the market, but we know God has a plan for selling it, and we're trusting Him. After all, God doesn't bring you to it unless He has a plan to get you through it. So, that's that. We're here. We're getting settled in. And we're pretty excited about what the future holds!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog! Too cute. I am also from Alabama. I always say Gadsden because I was from a small town near there and most people have no idea! I live 30 minutes from Lexington. Welcome to KY...I recently started a blog as well.
    www.mylifemylovejessicasanders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica - How neat! Jared, my husband, is from Collinsville. I grew up on Noccalula Mountain, but we lived in Albertville after we got married. Glad you found my blog! Yours is adorable too! Hope you're enjoying all this snow we've been getting!

    ReplyDelete